Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Malawi's Pizza!


Our first restaurant!

I have driven by this restaurant many times and I am always drawn in by the logo so finally today my husband and I decided to give it a try.

Malawi's Pizza is located in the Riverwoods shopping center behind the Macaroni Grill. The first thing that caught my attention when we walked in was the atmosphere. There is a African Safari theme and the decorations are really amazing. There is a big tree near the front that really ties the restaurant together as well as African masks and animals carved out of wood. I would say this restaurant is very exotic and perfect for a big gathering with family and friends.

We walk up to the register and start scanning the menu. There is a menu for pizzas, a menu for pastas, and a menu for salads as well as a create your own pizza or pasta. Everything is reasonably priced so my husband and I decided to share a pasta and pizza. A waiter came up to the register a little after we got there and we told him it was our first time so he was very nice and helped us out. He told us about the menu and his favorites. We decided on the garlic shrimp pasta and a pizza that I can not remember the name of but it had red and yellow tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and a balsamic reduction on it.

We sat down at a booth waiting for the food to be brought to our table and just took in everything around us. When our food came it looked absolutely AMAZING and one bite of each confirmed this. The food was fresh and well crafted. They both had excellent flavor and a effortless presentation. This was food that you wanted to stop eating so you could save some for tomorrow. I am already craving more of the delectable food.

We really enjoyed this restaurant and would recommend it to anyone! If you are ever craving pasta, pizza or a salad I would go to Malawi's Pizza.

The best part of this restaurant is that when you purchase a meal, a meal is given to children in Malawi Africa!



Decorations in the restaurant 



Our food! Sorry we just had to dive in it looked so good!






2 comments:

  1. Jordan! Both times I've read your blog posts, on the gossip blog and this first post, I've been so impressed with your writing style and attention to detail! You write a lot differently than you speak, not in bad way, and I guess you're really quiet anyway (again this isn't bad) so maybe I'm wrong :) I will be adding your blog to my blog list! I'm excited to find out about new restaurants and recipes :) See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try your new recipe! I love the background that you chose for your blog.

    ReplyDelete